For 10 years, we have been involved in
a movement that has helped people become
active in bringing clean water to our world.

You might think that your contribution is just a drop of water in a vast ocean, but each drop has a


that together combines to create a movement.

Over the past 10 years you have helped us transform over 40 communities throughout Ethiopia and together we have raised over $2.5 million dollars which means 100,000 people have clean water for life.

You have helped turn small ripples to great waves. Join us once again as we transform lives in Awash Kolati and Gora Bantu, Ethiopia this year.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Sumas Mountain

10K / 25K / 50K Trail

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Mill Lake Park

5K / 10K / Half Marathon

Saturday, June 9, 2018

St. Patrick's Island Park

5K / 10K

Run for Water 2017

Thank you for being part of our clean water movement

Our 10th annual race weekend was immensely successful and this was because of you! Thank you for your constant dedication, enthusiasm and hard work to make this event a success! Thank you again for helping us leave a legacy of hope for Letisha, and bringing clean water and quality education to Dengali and Freselam, Ethiopia.

Envision Financial Run for Water

Half Marathon, 10K Run, 5K Fun Run, and Trail Run
to raise funds for clean water projects
Run for Water 5K Fun Run 2015

5K Fun Run10:00 am, Sunday, May 27, 2018

10K Start

10K Run8:30 am, Sunday, May 27, 2018

Half Marathon Runners

Half Marathon7:30 am, Sunday, May 27, 2018

Abbotsford Run for Water

Half Marathon, 10K Run, 5K Fun Run and Trail Run

Photo Gallery

Abbotsford Run for Water Photos

A gallery of photos from the Half Marathon, 10K Run, 5K Fun Run, and Trail RunView Photos

This year we are raising money for the people in

Gora Bantu

Residents in Gora Bantu, Ethiopia are already working hard to raise 10% of the project costs so children like Selamnesh do not have to walk hours to get water that is full of bacteria and disease. By raising funds you are helping provide the remaining 90% of the project costs to bring clean water to an entire family for life.

Watch the Video


It all starts by learning about the water crisis on our planet.

Learn More


Run and participate.

View Event Details


Come along on a journey of a life-time and spend two weeks in Ethiopia.

Journey with Us
Run for Water: Reservoir

Give clean water to the people of Ethiopia. For life.

Learn More

Running for 10 Years

The people of Ethiopia thank you for your generosity!

Water changed everything for my family. I am a farmer and so water is essential for my livelihood. Water also means that my daughters can spend their time studying rather than fetching water. I can't thank Run for Water enough for giving my family hope.

IbrahimYella, Ethiopia

My daughter was kidnapped and forced into marriage at the age of 14. I finally found her and freed her. Water means that she can go to school and have other options besides just being a wife. Run for Water is giving girls options.

MaymunaCaro, Ethiopia

I gave birth the night the Run for Water team was visiting our village to complete the water project. I'm so excited that my son Tigel will grow up drinking clean water. Thank you, Run for Water.

UncommoYella, Ethiopia

I'm the oldest of four kids. It's my job to get water so my brothers and sisters can drink. Clean water means I won't have to be scared walking alone to find water instead I can be in school.

FatiraCaro, Ethiopia

Our Sponsors

Thank you to all of our sponsors.
We couldn’t do this without your generous support!

Envision Financial


  • Globe Printers
  • Abbotsford Nissan
  • Blackwood Building Centre
  • Country 107.1
  • EcoTex
  • Fix Auto
  • High Street
  • IQ Engineering
  • Kintec Footwear + Orthotics
  • KiSS RADiO
  • Lepp Farm Market
  • Pacific Veterinary Sales
  • Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford
  • Star 98.3
  • Summit Brooke
  • Valley Pulp & Sawdust Carriers Ltd.
  • Sheryl Neetz

We are so grateful!

Your time, effort and generosity are helping us bring clean water to EthiopiaRegister